Causes Crowd-funding for Artists
This is our “Crowd-funding for artists” section for cause artists. This is a unique opportunity for artists who donate a % of their income to specific causes, to take donations from their fans. These donations go straight into your Pay Pal account and we don’t take a dime from any money you raise. If you raise $10.00 or $10 million dollars, it all goes to you.
Indie Sponsor has become known as an online matchmaker…
between artists and small businesses & corporations that want to sponsor them. But now we’ve added a new service, crowd-funding for artists. So many people said they’d love to donate to artists who support causes they believe in. The way it works is that an artist solicits donations from the Indie Sponsor site and they basically have an ongoing “project”. They tell fans what cause they support and how much they will donate to that cause. It’s up to the artist to arrange their own gigs or to be hired by for a free gig. Then the artist is paid through donations from their fans, who believe in their cause.
Crowd-funding for artists at Indie Sponsor is different from other crowd-funding platforms, which is about particular projects that have a deadline and a fundraising goal that has to be met. On Indie Sponsor, a cause artist is given as much time as they want to get out and find or create a gig, but the longer they wait to get out, the fewer donations they will likely get. Artists who are the most active will get the most traffic. And that means keeping their fans up to date on what they’re doing and where they’re performing. Even though we actively promote artists and their causes, and drive traffic to the site, artists can help improve their chances of getting donations by doing their own promotion and by interacting with and thanking the fans who support their cause.
Updating your Cause information (Edit Profile)
- Navigate to the Edit your Profile page (here)
- The cause fields are listed last on this page
- Cause Category: Select a category that best fits your cause
- About My Cause: Enter a brief description of your cause, how you support it, and how (if applicable) you will apply donation proceeds to support your cause.
- Donation Link: Enter the FULL URL of the page where you collect donations for this cause. This can be a personal website, third-party non-profit site (i.e. American Red Cross), or a personal donation link via PayPal or other service.
How to Properly Link your Donation URL via PayPal
- Log in to your existing account or create a new PayPal account.
- Visit the Donation Buttons page (Merchant Services tab > Create Payment Buttons > Donate).
- Prepare your donation button options as desired then click “Create Button”.
- Copy the URL from the “Email” tab into your Speaker Sponsor Profile Donation Link field.